Plazo de postulación hasta el 3 de octubre de 2014
Position Title: Regional Fisheries Officer
Main Function: To implement WWF Southern Cone Alliance (SCA) fishery strategy
Reports to: institutionally to WWF Chile’s Conservation Director and technically to the Steering Committee of the WWF SCA
Position based on: Santiago, Chile
Date: September, 2014
The Southern Cone Alliance (SCA) is a WWF marine initiative established in 2012 to safeguard the seas of the ―Southern Cone‖ in South America – a precious marine ecosystem where fisheries of global importance take place - from overfishing, and to ensure that fishing and seafood production embrace long-term sustainability.
This position reports to the WWF Chile’s Conservation Director and has a dotted line with WWF in Latin America through its Regional Fisheries Coordinator. He/she coordinates with Smart fishing and Market Transformation initiatives, and follows up technical guidance established by the Southern Cone Alliance Steering Committee to which it reports on a regular basis. The main responsibility is to coordinate and facilitate the implementation of the SCA Strategy,
Ideal candidates will show initiative, have good judgement and be skilled at interacting with a wide range of stakeholders nationally, regionally and internationally, from fishermen to government officers. The candidate will have experience in fundraising, be knowledgeable in fisheries, fishing law and regulations, international ocean law and policy. In addition, the candidate will have excellent Spanish and English oral and written communication skills and an ability to work comfortably with a wide variety of stakeholders.
1. Bachelor in environmental sciences, marine biology, fishing biology, fishing engineering, or similar.
2. Desirable Master or PhD degree in relevant field of study (fisheries, marine sciences, natural resources management, fisheries policy and law)
• Experience in negotiation with government, companies and/or social organizations
• At least five years of accredited working experience in project and relationship management
• Experience in fundraising
• Experience in policy advocacy, communication and campaigning
• Entrepreneurial ability
Required skills and competencies:
• Is effective in working under pressure and enjoy working with different types of individuals, personalities and cultural backgrounds.
• Distinct negotiation skills and assertiveness.
• Highly proactive, independent and flexible.
• Strategic thinking and planning.
• Above average creativity.
• Excellent facilitation and communication skills.
• Flair for solving complex problems.
• Highly flexible, organizational skills.
• Excellent command of Spanish and English
• Willingness to travel nationally and internationally25% of time
• Driving license.
Salary: Commensurate with experience and responsibilities.
How to apply: Please send a resume or CV (maximum 3 pages) and a cover letter to email@example.com by October 3, 2014 at the latest. The subject should read Regional Fisheries Officer. The cover letter should describe personal and professional reasons for applying, and explain the relationship between the candidate’s experience and the position requirements and activities.
Please note: WWF will not respond to individual telephone or email inquiries about this employment opportunity.